Hickory Dickory Dock & Happily Ever After
Language Arts, Grade Pre-K, American English
A Readiness Program with Children’s Literature at Its Heart
Hickory Dickory Dock™ & Happily Ever After™ are readiness programs designed to give three- and four-year-old children the foundation they need to be successful when they begin formal reading instruction. Well-known, beautifully illustrated nursery rhymes and selections of children’s literature are the basis of the 10 units in each program. Here’s why it works:
- Motivation is key to children’s success.
- Early reading skills are most effectively taught when integrated with the other language arts.
- Explicit instruction supports children at every step.
- A multimodal approach engages all children.
- Oral language and vocabulary
- Listening skills
- Fine motor skills
Hickory Dickory Dock™ & Happily Ever After™ provide classroom material for approximately 45 minutes each day.